* First up, as an absolute convert to German wine (well, convert to German white wine) I was recently "introduced" (via Twitter - oh, the wonders of modern technology) to The Wine Rambler, two Germans wine enthusiasts who share their wine tasting notes - in English - on largely German wines, plus the grape-related produce of one or two other countries as well. It's a great read that I would recommend it to anyone who's started getting to know German wine or just a little bit curious about the wine Germany produces. And especially those for whom the mention of German wine conjures thoughts of a bottle of Blue Nun.
* In the shame-filled aftermath of Lena failing to land Germany a much-hoped for (mostly by Stefan Raab) double Eurovision win, here she is performing what I personally consider would have been a much better competition entry. Warning: once you have watched this you will never stop singing it. Ever. (Thanks for that, Meg.)
* My second video of the week - which I don't have the words to describe, well no words other than "insane lipsyncing German DJ" - you will find over at Otomcio. There is an ongoing argument over whether that accent is real or not.
And this week's non-German entries:
* A third, much gentler video, just to calm us all down a bit after that madness (I've forgotten where I got this, so apologies to whoever it came from).
* I love chicken, salmon, beef and prawns as much as the next flesh-eater, but I don't really want to drink them
* And finally, it's my favourite time of the year again. Which time? The World Beard and Moustache Championships time. I can't believe you even had to ask.
Right... I'm crawling back under my rock now. See you on the other side...