Sunday, July 14, 2013

The time has come...

View from Schloss Schönburg, Oberwesel am Rhein

I think it's time I acknowledged my total neglect of this blog.

I'm going to blame it entirely on having started a full time job: as soon as I set foot back in an office last May, my free time shrivelled dramatically and my public sharing of private experiences  - particularly the professional ones - suddenly felt rather wrong.  There are so many things I'd have liked to have shared about throwing myself into a new job not just in an entirely new field but also in a starkly different culture and a language I'd not yet got to grips with, but it quickly felt inappropriate to do so in such a public space - especially when I'd not done a very good job of picking an undercover blogging moniker.

And now, after 14 months of German office life, a period that has been at times rather challenging and hugely frustrating but on the whole extremely rewarding, there's an even greater life event on the cards: there's a Dietz bun in the proverbial oven.  Though there have been various entertaining tales along the journey thus far - and no doubt there'll be many more - I'm wholly aware that all my present experiences are entirely shaped by Being Pregnant and the last thing I want to do is for Frau Dietz's Letters to turn into a Mummy Blog.  So I thought it'd be easier just to admit defeat.

I'd like to think I'll pop back here and pick up blogging again at some point but in the meantime, if you'd to keep up with my food-related goings on, please wander over to Eating Wiesbaden, where you'll find sporadically posted German recipes and stories of vaguely bacchanalian Dietz Family Outings amongst reviews of the bars and restaurants in my locality, as well as further afield (there's also a Facebook page).  And if you don't, well, thank you very, very much for having kept up with my ramblings over the last couple of years and I wish you all the very best :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Randomly stopped by tonight and you've just posted. Telekinesis? Does this mean I've missed hearing about the asparagus this year? I'm not surprised you're retiring from this blog. Have enjoyed it though. I vote for a mummy blog next. :)

Frau Dietz said...

Thank you, whoever you are! And you may have missed hearing about asparagus, but I certainly ate my fill of it. Most evenings. For weeks :)

Anonymous said...

I've popped in with varying frequency to read your blog over the years. I am in the U.S. and my mother is German - we still have family there. I've enjoyed revisiting Germany through your photos and posts - I get "homesick" (strangely enough) for Germany sometimes. So, I am sad to see it come to a stop, but I am excited for your new adventures with "the Bun" and wish you all the best!

Frau Dietz said...

Thank you so much! :)